ICAgile Fundamentals training (ICP)
Start your Agile journey with an international certified professional certification!
Our ICAgile Fundamentals course is now live online and takes place over 3 days (3 sessions of 3 hours each).
This customisable course is jam-packed with fun and interactive activities tailored to fit your needs and covers the history of Agile, the Agile Manifesto, the Agile principles, and some widely applied frameworks and practices. ICAgile's fundamentals learning objectives delve into key concepts such as adaptive planning, value-driven development, team collaboration and frequent feedback for continuous improvement. You will come away with a solid understanding of core concepts to set you on your Agile path.
The ICAgile Fundamentals course concentrates on the Agile mindset, values, principles and foundational Agile concepts. It also focuses on what it means to be Agile and achieve organisational agility with an introduction to a few popular Agile frameworks.
What to Expect
- Price: £ 325 per person
- Course duration: 1 day course (In-class) Offered as a live online course over 3 days - 3 sessions – 3 hours each
- There will be a short introduction and technical check on the day before the course starts. Details to follow on registration
- The history of Agile.
- Value-driven development and adaptive planning techniques.
- Collaboration with customers within organisations and teams.
- The benefits of Agile and how to avoid common pitfalls.
- The value of continuous feedback, learning, and adaptation for products, processes, teams, and organisations.
- Introduction to the various Agile frameworks.
- Culture and the Agile mindset.
- Shifts in roles and responsibilities
- Collaboration, learning and improving
- Agile documentation and governance
- Estimating the big WHEN
- Emergent Architecture
- Integration! Integration! Integration!
If you have the knowledge and experience in developing or managing software delivery projects or teams but are not familiar with Agile yet, then we recommended this course. This course is an introduction to Agile and will foster a common understanding of the topic. It is suited for all roles within the IT environment.
- The ICP is foundational and is the basis for ICAgile training tracks focused on software development and delivery.
- The ICP certification is internationally recognised.
Top 3 reasons fortaking a course:
Over a decade implementing Scrum in dozens of organisations means that Iain’s guidance is grounded in real world challenges and is highly practical.
As past course participants testify, you can expect to take away many deep insights into the nature of Scrum and its potential to transform your organisation and your work life for the better.
Iain believes that your training course is the start of a lifelong journey of continuous improvement and he is available to assist you on that journey in any way possible.
Feedback from Delegates
The Scaled Agile Framework is a brilliant and detailed framework referred to when Agile is used in larger organisations. SAFe is a useful framework to understand since it adds a few additional roles and ceremonies to KANBAN and SCRUM forming a framework that can scale for large teams and organisations. If you are looking for answers to scaling an Agile implementation or Agile for larger cross-functional teams then SAFe is a good course to consider.
The SCRUM framework also has many scaling options for instance by introducing SCRUM or SCRUM ceremonies or looking into due track SCRUM.
The core idea of Lean is to maximise customer value while minimising waste. All Agile Frameworks (including SCRUM and KANBAN) are based on the Lean principle with regards to value-driven focus and reducing any waste. In fact, Lean is more focused on the mindset and thinking which overlaps brilliantly with regards to any Agile framework as both are based on the same principles and values.
Business Analysts can certainly benefit from Agile training as well as training in the most popular frameworks; SCRUM and KANBAN. Business Analysts can specifically benefit from the mindset changes required to excel in Agile.
Project Managers will benefit from Agile training and from learning about the popular frameworks; SCRUM and KANBAN. Project Managers can specifically benefit from the mindset changes required to excel in Agile.
Requirements gathering is facilitated in a different manner, and the focus is shifted to the team who are customer value driven. We would recommend these courses in sequence as a path to gain Agile knowledge:
- Agile Fundamentals course – An excellent introduction to Agile and to Agile frameworks
- SCRUM training – Still the most commonly used framework in Agile
- KANBAN training – A very popular Agile framework that can be applied to any area or work stream (including HR, Marketing and Finance)
- Certified SCRUM Master training – geared towards the Scrum Master role, yet extremely valuable for any member of the Scrum Team.
- Certified SCRUM Product Owner training – geared towards the business and management role within the organisation yet valuable for the Project and Program Management role within the organisation. We would also recommend the training to innovation driven teams.
Software Testers will certainly benefit from Agile training (Including SCRUM and KANBAN), and from the ICAgile TST course which specifically focuses on the role of a Tester within an Agile environment.
Agile training is a must for any role within the software development industry as Agile is the start of continuous delivery which gives organisations a competitive edge. Software Development Managers can certainly benefit from this training course. In fact, the Certified Product Owner and SCRUM training would be our first recommendation for Development Managers.
Yes, developers will benefit from this course. The best-recommended courses for Developers are:
- Agile Fundamentals (ICAgile Certified)
- SCRUM training
- KANBAN training
Agile training in South Africa is not yet SETA certified. The DVT Academy is in the process of getting the Agile training within the Academy SETA certified.
Yes, most Agile courses address the differences between waterfall and Agile which are based on interactive development. The following course is recommended since it is covered at an organisational level:
- Agile 4 Executives
- Agile Fundamentals (ICAgile Certified)
Agile Coaching is very specialised and is a natural career path for good Scrum Masters and Facilitators. DVT does present Agile Coaching training on request. It is ICAgile Certified training. You are welcome to contact us. DVT is considered to be thought leaders in the Agile Coaching domain.
The Agile training does not address organisational transformation as a learning objective, yet touches on some of the elements. We would recommend that you contact DVT for a free 1-hour session to discuss organisational transformation. DVT is considered thought leaders in the Agile Coaching and transformation area assisting a number of clients with this challenge.
Agile is all about continuous delivery starting with Sprints. Agile is the start of continuous development and delivery.
The course does not address Agile tools. However, the Agile Coach and trainer can make certain recommendations.
The course may guide you as to which framework will work best for your organisation or team, however, Agile Coaching is recommended.
We cannot comment on the training provided by other training providers. Our course is similar to most 1 or 2-day Agile Boot camps which provide an excellent introduction to Agile. The training is presented by Agile practitioners who will fill the course with real world examples.